If you own a vape pen or are planning to buy one, you would find it interesting to learn about its anatomy and the way it functions. Also, there are three main types of vape pens that can prove to be the best e-cig choice for you. Before, discussing them in detail, let's have a look at the basic structure of these pens.
Essentially, there are three main parts of every such pen.
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com
- The atomizer: This is the most important part of the pen as it is responsible for the heating of all those herbs and concentrates. Some atomizers can also have wicks that are made of fiberglass.
- The battery: Since vape pens are easy-to-carry articles, they would naturally operate on a stored source of energy such as a rechargeable or disposable battery. Some pens also come with USB or wall-chargers for when the battery gets exhausted.
- The mouthpiece: This is the part you use to inhale the vapors and that is why it needs to be cleaned very often.
Additionally, the other components of these pens include:
- A power button to turn it on or off.
- It could be placed anywhere on the pen as per the differing shapes and designs.
- A filter made of glass or ceramic that ensures smooth airflow within the object.
- This is an internal structure that you won't be able to see easily.
- Atomizer coils.
- These could be anything from a normal wick to ceramic pancake-shaped coils that make heating possible.
After understanding the basic structure of these pens, it would be interesting to learn about the different types and then decide the one that would suit you best, depending on the type of vapors you prefer.
These are ore-engineered to vaporize the oils or THC e-liquids in the most efficient manner. These are also the most easily manufactured and available kind of pens because of their relatively simpler mechanism and lower price.
2. Dry-herb based:
This is a bit larger than the usual size of vape pens. It has to work harder and that is why has a more complex internal structure, mainly because vaporizing dry herbs is a lot difficult than vaporizing liquids of varying concentration.
3. Wax concentrates based:
For those who vape on wax or dab concentrates, it can be an ordeal to properly prepare and heat the wax every time. But with pens dedicated to wax concentrates, the process becomes way too effortless and much pocket friendly at the same time.