The use of e-cigs is on the increase across the globe. Different types of electronic cigarettes are flooding the market these days. Most of them are sold online through various platforms. Smokers can buy e-cigs and have fun using the products at any time. In Australia, the e-cig market is booming despite the ban on the importation and sale of nicotine content. A smoker can buy e-cigarette in Australia from the confines of his or her room and have it delivered to any destination.
Facts to Know about electronic cigarettes
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com
There are basic facts to know about e-cigs. Let's pinpoint them.
The invention of e-cigs started in China. Later on in 2007, the products were introduced in the United States. Thereafter, the products reached other continents of the globe. Today, e-cigs are quite popular across the world.
- Many e-cigs are designed to resemble the normal tobacco cigarettes. However, a careful look reveals the differences.
- A typical E-cig comes with a heating element that heats up the liquid content which eventually turns into vapor once inhaled by the smoker.
- Nothing actually burns when e-cigs are used. Smokers don't need to go about with lighters. This is because e-cigs run on batteries. Some of them come with rechargeable batteries while others have replaceable batteries.
- Each e-cigs comes with a cartridge that is loaded with e-liquid. It also has vaporization point through which the vapor emits. Once the product is put on, the heating elements heats up the liquid thereby releasing vapor.
- Electronic cigarettes don't burn tobacco when they are put on. They don't release carbon monoxide or smoke. The smoker only inhales the vapor.
- A typical E-cig is known for containing liquid nicotine also referred to as “e-liquid”. The nicotine strength and flavor vary from one type of e-cig to the other. Smokers can choose the level of nicotine and the type of flavor they want when they go for the product.
- Electronic cigarettes are toxic in nature. This is evident from the liquid nicotine content that comes with them. The chemical can be very toxic to the human body.
- Quality control is lacking in most e-cigs. Most manufactures are stingy when it comes to disclosing information relating to the ingredients and other elements used in manufacturing electronic cigarettes.
- Most e-cigs are re-usable. Smokers can replace the cartridges and recharge the batteries while still using the products.
- Just like traditional tobacco cigarettes, e-cigs also comes with health hazards. They lead to lung damage, heart diseases, and other related health challenges. Smokers who use e-cigs are still liable to encounter untimely death.
- In any case, electronic cigarettes have come to stay. Despite the health hazards associated with their usage, many people still crave for the products across the globe.